Tuesday, March 29, 2016

OTR - March 2016

Monday 21st March 2016
So after 3 months at home it was time to go back on the road.  I applied to JB Hunt on 1st March and after a brief wait while they verified my UK driving experience, I was provisionally hired today.  I was booked on to the orientation course in Dallas on the 29th March.  After 3 months off the truck I was wondering if I would remember it all.

Tuesday 29th March 2016
I arrived at the La Quinta Inn in Cedar Hill around 7pm on Monday and after a sad goodbye to my wife, I settled down for my early start.  Alarm at 4am and now for breakfast.  Day 1 of orientation started off with the drug testing and then on to the physical exam, blood pressure was a bit high as usual, but passed.  Driven Road test was next and nerves got the better of me, but scraped through and now all the paperwork and challenges are behind me.  2 more days of Power Point and paper signing ahead.

Wednesday 30th March 2016
Day 2 of orientation and up at 4.15am. Today was spent watching endless videos and filling out yet more forms, and we also got to set up our direct deposit for our paychecks.  When I got back to the hotel a huge storm passed overhead.


Thursday 31st March 2016
Final day of orientation and checked out of the hotel in the morning.  Spent most of the day doing more training and then finally got allocated a truck at around 3pm.  328196 was the fleet number and after a good check round it, moved all my gear in.  Now the wait for my first load.

No comments:

Post a Comment